Dell’Ugo describe their gnocchi as delicate, fluffy potato pillows – and we cant disagree!
A quick and easy baked gnocchi recipe, mix Dell’Ugo Gnocchi with crispy pancetta, broccoli and smothered in a creamy cheese sauce. Top with cheddar and goats cheese then grilled until golden brown.. mouth watering to say the least!
6 Rashers of Pancetta (chopped into strips)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
A little oil for frying
600ml milk (you may need extra if the sauce is too thick)
250g fresh broccoli (chopped into small florets)
2 x packets of Dell’Ugo fresh Spinach gnocchi
2 tablespoon green pesto
150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
125g goats cheese sliced to about 1.5cm thick
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6. Place the chopped pancetta, along with the oil and garlic into a large frying pan and cooked into the pancetta is crispy.
- Add the pesto and stir, then add the broccoli, milk & gnocchi. Simmer whilst stirring frequently for around 6-8 minutes(until the gnocchi and broccoli are cooked).
- Mix in around 100g of the cheddar cheese. If the sauce is looking too thick (doesn’t look like there is enough sauce to cover the pasta) add a little more milk and a pinch more of cheese.
- Pour into a large oven proof dish, and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese, place the sliced goats cheese evenly on the top and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling and the edges are brown.
- Enjoy with a simple side salad.