With not long to go until the 2016 Great British Bake series airs, we thought we’d get right into the spirit with a delicious recipe from Paul Hollywood
Get ready to taste a little of the Hollywood magic from your own home with these delicious chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Paul Hollywood on the recipe “This recipe will give you delicious cookies that are much better than any shop-bought version. The secret to the flavour is to use the best dark chocolate chips you can find.”
PREP: 15 minutes
CHILL: 2 hours
BAKE: 12–15 minutes
150g softened unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
100g light soft brown sugar
1 large egg
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
45g cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together with an electric whisk until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg andmix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture and mix well to form a stiff dough. At first it will look like there is too much flour, but whisk slowly and it will form a stiff dough. Add the chocolate chips.
- Tip the dough on to a large piece of clingfilm or greaseproof paper. Roll the dough into a cylinder shape 27cm long and 6cm wide. Place in the fridge to firm up for at least 2 hours.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 160°C/Gas 3.
- Unwrap the dough, cut into 16 equal slices and place on the prepared trays, leaving room to spread. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The cookies should have risen and spread out. They will still be soft when you remove them from the oven, so leave to firm on the tray for a few minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Best ever chocolate chip cookies by Paul Hollywood
Recipe from The Weekend Baker by Paul Hollywood. Paul Hollywood will be cooking live at the following BBC Good Food Shows: Northern Ireland – Belfast Waterfront 14-16October, Glasgow – SECC 4-6 November, London – Olympia 11-13 November and Birmingham – NEC 24-27 November. Tickets on sale now: https://www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com/